Monday, April 18, 2011

Naked Juice


Recently I was working at the Yoga in Motion event in Toronto and one of the vendors at this event was Naked Juice. They did not have a representative at their table just numerous bottles of their Green Machine juice for participants to take.  I usually stay away from bottled juices and smoothies but I thought since it is there and free to take that I would check it out.  The label states that it is a 100% fruit & vegetable smoothie with NO sugar added (Awesome!).  The fruits in this smoothie drink are 2 ¾ apples, 1/3 kiwi, ½ banana, 1/3 mango and a hint of pineapple, the vegetable portion is a green machine powder mix that includes (Spirulina, chlorella, broccoli, spinach, barely grass, wheat grass, parsley, Ginger Root, Blue Green Algae, garlic extract) This is definitely a healthy nutritious juice, now you may be thinking how does it taste? ...Like pears! I know there are no pears in this juice but that is what the taste reminds me of bartlett pears. It’s delicious!!

I would not recommend that you drink the whole 450ml bottle in one shot. There is no added sugar but since there is so much fruit the sugar content is still high at 28g per 250ml. I think this smoothie would be great as a post workout drink, use half the bottle and put in a scoop of protein.  The fruit will help restore your depleted glucose and protein for muscle repair.

This is an American company and as far as I can find out they do not sell here in Canada. I am going to assume since they had their product at the Yoga in Motion event in Toronto that means they will be coming to Canada soon. If you see it, give it a try and maybe you can let us know where you found it.

    
Single Gals Approved!

2 comments:

  1. They sell it at Starbucks all over Canada. I buy it about once a week and love it.

    ReplyDelete